Venture to the heart of Polynesian culture and wildness on this highly immersive French Polynesia vacation where options abound. Choose to kayak, stand-up paddleboard, or take a bike ride for independent exploration and to connect with these people and islands on a personal level. Explore the historic ceremonial site, called a marae, on Raiatea where Polynesian seafarers would begin their bold expeditions sailing into the unknown—expeditions that would eventually lead to populating Hawaii and New Zealand. Sail among some of the 80 atolls of the Tuamotu Archipelago, a string of tiny islands in an azure sea that hides thriving reefs we’ll explore while scuba diving and snorkeling.
• Visit one of the most important cultural sites in the Polynesian world and a recently named UNESCO World Heritage site, Marae Taputapuatea.
• Snorkel or dive some of the healthiest reefs of the Pacific in the Tuamotu Archipelago.
• Learn stand-up paddle boarding in gorgeous turquoise lagoons.
• Watch on deck as National Geographic Orion navigates Tiputa Pass into the lagoon at Rangiroa, one of the largest atolls in the world.
French Polynesia: Beyond the Postcard
Expeditions In:April, June, July and August
aboard the NG Orion | 102 Guests
Price starting from $7,690 p.p. to $16,840 p.p.
Day 1---Depart U.S.
Day 2---Papeete, French Polynesia/Embark
Day 3---Bora Bora, Society Islands
Day 6-7---Tuamotu Archipelago
NOTE: This itinerary runs in "reverse" on some departures.
Book by Mar. 31, 2018 for free round-trip air between Los Angeles and Papeete.
• Free air is based on round-trip, economy group flights from Los Angeles to Papeete and must be ticketed by Lindblad Expeditions.
• New bookings only.
BOOK 2 OR MORE AND SAVE 10%
Book two or more South Pacific voyages aboard National Geographic Orion and take 10% off each voyage.
• Savings is applicable to back-to-back or non-consecutive voyages.
• *This savings is available on voyage fare only, and is not valid on airfares or extensions.
FREE BAR TAB AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED
We will cover your bar tab and all tips for the crew on all National Geographic Explorer and National Geographic Orion voyages.